Who or What dictates how you’ll spend your time?
There are times, more than I’d like to admit, that My thoughts AND emotions dictate; not only how I spend my time, but how I see myself.
- A confrontation with a friend can turn into self-analyzing and self-criticizing
- The self-analyzing distorts the truth and you wind up seeing EVERYTHING as an issue. (Don’t know about you, but I’ve played & re-played convo’s in my head FAR too many times.)
- A call, text or email “ignored”
- A shared hurt not taken seriously or worse, re-shared without your permission
- Being overlooked for a promotion
- A faulty computer (yes, we can become WAY too obsessive with THINGS/STUFF)
Who or What captivates your thoughts/emotions?
The relationships we have – the ones that we cling to and idolize are indeed a gift from God, However, they were NEVER meant to take the place of God. No matter how “sweet” or lovely the speech, example or functionality of such relationship.
The people/things/stuff that comes our way were meant to either plant a seed or to be a source of nourishment for an already planted seed. They were NEVER meant to be idolized or held higher than God. NEVER.
“for the LORD your God in the midst of you is a jealous God;..” (Deuteronomy 6:15)
“Stop regarding man, whose breath of life is in his nostrils; for why should he be esteemed? (Isaiah 2:22)
May I share something with you? God did NOT send His Son to this earth, to die a horrible death, so that we can live with our tails between our butts; believing LIES that were not good enough. Lies that keep us strapped & stripped. Strapped down with guilt. Stripped naked with shame.
OH, HELL NO!! You heard right! HELL NO!
The enemy came to DESTROY and use EVERY opportunity (hurts, disappointments, discouragements, trials AND triumphs (if we get too cocky/prideful)) AGAINST us.
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive” (Genesis 50:20 *emphasis mine)
God came to give life and give it in ABUNDANCE. And we have got to STOP listening to the lies and START filtering EVERYTHING through God’s Word. Filter everything with God-style glasses – because there is a difference with the way WE see ourselves and the way God sees us. WERE the ones who are not seeing straight!!!
Will you start believing God for who He say’s that YOU are?