Everything [all things, the current situation, life in general]
A few days ago, I referenced the word, “NOTHING” from Philippians 4:6,7. Today I’d like to talk about the word EVERYTHING.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Phil.4:6)
Notice how EVERYTHING really means EVERYTHING. God did NOT mean for us to pick and choose what we’d “like” to give Him. He said, “EVERYTHING“. All things that are a part of our life – our current situation. All Things. Everything.
- Our doubts
- Our mistakes
- Our mountains & molehills
- Our victories & triumphs
- The moments during the day where we are baffled.
- The moments when our vision looks more like a fairy tale.
- The moments when ALL THINGS look, seem and feel hopeless.
- Those small things that seem to drag us down more than the “BIG” things.
- The days when we don’t think we’ll make it another step (yes, even if it is as we put our feet to the floor). And even those days that we think we “got it”.
In EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication WITH thanksgiving we are to let our requests be made known to God. He cares, He wants to hear anything and EVERYTHING that is on our hearts and minds.
Oh, how comforting this is!
Can I share something with you? There are days when this is the VERY verse that I hang on to because it screams His love for me. How loving is He that He would invite us to share EVERYTHING with Him.
My sweet friend, be comforted and know that He cares deeply for YOU!!