Have you ever looked in the mirror and did a double take – almost as if you forgot what you looked like?
In fact, the mirror was the LAST thing I wanted to look at because it reminded me of all the things that needed to change (in my heart) but was NOT willing to change (remember my last post….. way loooooong ago…. “No one wanted to change”). As much as that statement had an impression on me – the effects of actually experiencing it has left a scar I hope to never forget!
- I don’t ever want to forget the fact that we can ALL fall flat on our face
- I don’t ever want to take advantage of my relationship with The Lord. I don’t want to think it’s ok to “miss” my time with Him today just because I had time with Him yesterday – make sense?
- I don’t ever want to forget that the moment we judge someone else’s short comings or weakness’, we better be darn sure we get ready to be tested with those SAME short comings or weakness’.
- and there’s plenty more not to EVER forget……………
- He is faithful & Keeps His word (Deuteronomy 7:9)
- He establishes and guards us (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- He is unchanging (Malachi 3:6)
- He warns us and allows US to make our OWN decisions/choices (Deuteronomy 30:19)
- He is NEAR to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18)
- He satisfies – He fills (Psalm 107: 9)
- He is gracious AND compassionate (Psalm 111:4)
“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever” Psalm 111:10
Lift your head…. CHOOSE – PLEASE choose LIFE!! We stay in the wilderness, at times, because we truly don’t want to let go of our sin – the sin that so easily entangles us – that feel good sin – even the sin that no one knows about – no matter how “acceptable” (like gluttony or caffeine addiction).
“I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, “